Sunday 21 February 2010

Delicious and useful

Several of the weekly tasks up to this point had seemed just that, tasks to complete just to get the experience and get on with the familiarization. This week's task on Delicious and tagging was both informative and, I think, will be something I actually use in the future (on the other hand, the digital camera is already back up in the loft). Like most librarians, I use several computers in the course of the day and also have three at home. It's great to have bookmarks readily available and be able to tag them for retrieval. Whether the 'social' side of the tagging will be useful depends on the amount of time at my disposal. I could see using this feature with a particular class or study group. I also would like to use tagging instead of folders to organize and retrieve all my Word and Excel files at work. I'll have to look into this, surely multiple entry points would be a much more efficient way of locating files than trying to figure out which folder I put them in or using the slow and awkward search facility available on Office.

No comments:

Post a Comment