Wednesday 7 April 2010

Gadgets etc

The greatest challenge throughout the whole 23 Things programme has been remembering where I wrote down all the various user names and passwords. This really brought home to me the problem of identity on the internet. How linked-up should one's activities be? Are there risks in having Flickr, Yahoo, bookmarks etc all linked together? Surely people must be working on better ways to protect identity other than increasingly complicated passwords.
I am pleased that after only a few attempts, I managed to load my Flickr photos onto my blog page, and I enjoyed browsing the gadgets for iGoogle (success there as well). I realized that since I use the University homepage as my PC homepage, I never look at the iGoogle page. On the other hand, I have been using the RSS reader even when not called on to do so by assignments, so I suppose that's progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment