Tuesday 16 March 2010

Wiki week

Pressed for time this week, I had a quick look at the Bodleian Libraries wiki information page on wetpaint. My first thought (sorry guys) was that if I were to need to use a wiki regularly, I'd use a service that didn't have all those popups and maddening moving ads (I was tempted by the Gossip Girl update but resisted). I can see that wikis can be useful, especially for a particular group project where momentum was maintained, so that the wiki didn't become the electronic equivalent of the tattered pages of a ring binder. Guess I'm suffering from the equivalent of Hilary Term slump, but it's harder to get enthusiastic about doing things for the sake of doing them. I like using RSS feeds, however, and parking bookmarks in the cloud for easy access and for sharing. Meanwhile, I'll keep on.

No comments:

Post a Comment